Sunday, April 8, 2018

Orange You Glad It's Christmas challenge

Jingle Belles has an inspiration photo challenge going on right now.  Challenges are so much fun, especially when they take you out of your comfort zone with non-traditional colors or in this case, a color I rarely craft with...ORANGE!  Here is the inspiration photo:

I tried to copy the tree and I also tried to find a background paper similar to the trefoil pillow at the bottom of the photo.

This is not a card I would ever mass-produce; but it was fun to make and it was a great way to use up scraps.  The tree is created from a Martha Stewart branch punch (I punched 68 white branches all from white card stock scraps) and the bows are cut from a My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 26 (from Bazzill scraps).  The trefoil paper is by Echo Park.  The sentiment is a Lawn Fawn stamp from "Toboggan Together".  Lastly, the Fresh Peach ink and pearls are both by Hero Arts.

I like making stuff; especially when it involves using up scraps :)

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Oh my ... this is absolutely fabulous ... love it so much ... and now I want to go punch 68 white branches and make my own ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Lorraine said...

Your tree is stunning and so refreshing with those colors. Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous! That tree is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

holy moly missus you have outdone yourself! 68 punches!!! but they really do make up the PERFECT tree and the baubles & bows are so like the ones in the photo. the trefoil paper miiiiiiight be my very favorite thing, but really it's the WHOLE CARD! ORANGE you glad you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun, lol??! (bc I AM!!!!) ♥♥♥

Scrapper69 said...

So Unique and Ooh so PRETTY!!! LOVE the non-traditional colors!!!

Theresa