Friday, March 29, 2013

Seize the (Masculine) Birthday!

  I am enjoying having my daughters home for Spring break.  We have had fun playing games, doing puzzles, and visiting family.  And I have been able to squeeze in some craft time too...I have made three cards in the past three days!  I made this one this morning after coming across the "Seize the Birthday" challenge to create a masculine birthday card.

  The pennant pieces and scallop border strip are scrap pieces lying on my craft table (from my BasicGrey "life of the party" kit), so I started with those bits.  Then I perused every collection I own for some masculine papers yet fun colors and patterns.  I opted for the Echo Park orange chevron (from "a walk in the park") and Echo Park green hexagon (from "for the record").  I stamped "Happy Birthday" (My Pink Stamper "Birthday Crazy") and added the "BIG" alpha stickers (Creative Memories).  The black gems are Imaginisce...I love that i-rock tool and the adhesive gems; so easy and they adhere so well.

  I looked through my Thickers stash to add "wish", but I was out of "w" and "s"!  I opted for some very old alpha stickers by Making Memories.  They didn't stand out, so I stuck extras on top of each letter (for a total of four each).  A good way to use old sticker alphas :)
  The "wish" still washed out a little, so I traced around each letter with a fine tip black marker and added other doodles:

I hope you are all enjoying time with people you love for the holiday weekend.  Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and that banner!!

Lesley said...

Awesome card June! Wow! Love the colours of the papers and the banner you created!! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the colors and design!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Fun & Super Cute Card! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful weekend & a Happy Easter,
Migdalia

snappy scrappy said...

Fab...great guy card!!

CarlaKH said...

Fantastic! Love the colors you used too!

Linda Breedlove said...

I love the colors and design of this card... a very festive look! Have a happy Friday, June!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome masculine card! I need to make some guy cards...I always put that off because I always seem to struggle with that..lol!
I also want to wish you and your family a Happy Easter!!! I hope you enjoy the day with family and friends.
Hugs!
Sherrie K

Kard Queen said...

What a big way to say happy birthday! Fun card and so perfect for a male recipient.

Kay Miller said...

What a wonderful and fun card!! I love love the banner!! Too cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week! :)

~amy~ said...

such a fun masculine card! We start our spring break next week!

Rose said...

girlfriend i LOVE that banner!!! and awesome take on the sketch :)

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous.. love the banner and the colours

Sorry for my late visit

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
Seize The Birthday DT