Sunday, September 23, 2012

Felt & Anything goes with BasicGrey June Bug

  I am slowly working on cleaning up my craft room...little time to create or blog lately, but I hope to remedy that soon!  My mom asked me to show her how to create a card with this sunburst pattern.  I am usually a very slow crafter, but I wanted to show her how to do this as quickly as possible.  (My dear friend, Lauren, wrote a tutorial here.)

  Some of my paper collections I *love*, but then have difficulty working with them and then there are  other collections that are not necessarily a favorite, but projects flow more easily.  I knew I needed a collection that easily went together, so I grabbed my old BasicGrey "June Bug" 6x6 pad.  Using mostly scraps, I showed my mom how to create the sunburst pattern.

  All I needed was an embellishment, and I went looking for my BasicGrey Woolies.  This felt flower was exactly what I needed!  Voila...a kinda quick any occasion card:


 I am entering my card at the following challenges:
Happy Sunday!

17 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh my goodness, June, this is so pretty. Guess I need to go view the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the sunburst pattern and the papers you used!! Lee-Ann :)

~amy~ said...

Love this fun card...perfect paper for ya:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the rays and the colors!!!!

Windy Hills said...

Your mom must be very proud of you! This is a beautiful card and looks great with the sunburst pattern and colors.

Dixie Cochran said...

Beautiful!!!

Missy said...

This is terrific---great sunbursts and flower, I like how you mixed the flower papers in among the polka dots!!

Unknown said...

This card has such a happy feel to it. Makes me want to sing "Walking on sunshine". thanks goodness your really can't here me sing. I am really bad. :)

Rose said...

love the bright happy card :)
off to see the tut now

Trish and Treasure said...

Oh yeah, this is fantastic!!! Great use of your papers !!!!
Hugs Trish XXX

Ros Crawford said...

This is super gorgeous June ... so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you do these! You always choose the exactly perfect papers!

lauren bergold said...

i think you have totally surpassed me in both quantity and quality of sunburst cards!!! this one is a particular fave and i have to say that YES, using a coordinated collection is a great way to "bust the scraps" and create perfectly coordintated projects in record time!!! LOVE this!

BethieJ said...

LOVE this!! Such a FUN card!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

artfuldelight said...

Love love love it!!

Unknown said...

great flower, and what a wonderful idea with all of those papers!!!thanks for joining Simply Create!!!

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the different patterns together!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x