Friday, November 12, 2010

Buzz & Brag Friday: Iris Sympathy card

Happy Friday! It's time to buzz and brag...click over to Betty Bee's Buzz and leave a comment about what you have been up to this week or good news to share and/or link a recent creation. What's going on in your hive?

My step-mother passed away last week and I made this card for my step-brother, Douglas. Whenever I need to make a sympathy card, I use this iris stamp by PSX. I first stamped the background with a linen background stamp on kraft card stock. I colored the irises with my Prismacolor pencils and added some bling.

Supplies
stamps: SU (linen background) & PSX (iris)
inks: Tim Holtz pumice stone & antique linen & Memento black
papers: Bazzill (purples) & SU (kraft)
bling: Hero Arts pearls and gems
border punch: Fiskars threading water
Prismacolor colored pencils

6 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful card!

Julie M said...

I am sorry to hear about your step-mother, June.

I did a double take when I saw your post, because I made a card for a lady called Iris this week, tried to go with an Iris/purple theme but I just can't work with purple. You sure can!! This is really beautiful and a lovely thing to receive at a sad time.

Julie x

Anonymous said...

Wowy!! This is seriously gorgeous, it looks like it was printed that way! Hopefully that came out as the highest compliment cause your coloring is brilliant! Sure do like that against the kraft! <3

Poppin' over to Betty Bee's now!

Anonymous said...

And I'm sorry to read about your step-mother, June. I have one of those as well. My prayers are with all those who loved her.

lauren bergold said...

oof, i am sorry to hear about your stepmother! this card, however, is unbelievably lovely, and will surely brighten the day of all who see it! ♥

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!