Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be Inspired #104 - Breast Cancer Awareness

This is in honor of all of the ladies who have survived breast cancer. I am fortunate to know a few myself...my paternal grandmother, my husband's great aunt, my mother-in-law, my dear friend (Martha), my daughter's teacher, and our bus driver assistant (hi, Pam!) I know each of them would get a chuckle out of this card; it is a bit out-of-character for me to create lingerie from paper :) For my loyal blog readers and friends, no doubt you gasped out loud when you saw it*! This card went to Pam, our bus driver assistant. Her breast cancer has returned after 5 years. I hope you will send her happy thoughts and well wishes to beat breast cancer once and for all. She is a fabulous lady! She laughed hysterically when she saw this card and said it was her favorite of all that she has received.

Here are the details:
Provo Craft Cuttlebug embossing folder, Swiss Dots
Provo Craft Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spots and Dots
Core'dinations white wash card stock (bra, dark pink layers, embossed layer)
KI Memories papers
scrap of white ribbon colored with copic marker RV17 and glued with a mini glue dot
Spellbinders Nestibilities small scallop circle die
SU word window punch (bra strap) and border punch
white card stock

*Sorry, Mom, when you see this I know you will be the most shocked!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

June I love your beautiful card..your friend will too...
I managed to get mine done this evening Im just geting over the darn flu...:(
Sending many blessing to your friend.....lots of love to you and yours my dear `friend` :) xxx

Sandee Shanabrough said...

June this is fantastic! I love how you used your punches in such a creative way!!!

Rosemary said...

June, I love the design and oh that cute little bra!!..You totally rocked this one!!

Kay said...

What a great way to brighten her day! This is darling! Great idea to use your Swiss Dots folder. It makes the bra look so girly and feminine! Very cute, June!!
♥♥ Kay

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous card, build with love.
Hugs for all of you!!!

Kard Queen said...

A beautiful tribute to these ladies. This card says it all.

1heart4stamping said...

A picture is worth a thousand words! You could not have said it better.

Girlsinthecraft said...

So soft and elegant--perfect comforting card for the cause. And what ingenious creativity at work---to hand make a bra with the tools you had. Just brillant June!

lauren bergold said...

this is SO totally AWESOME...i really thought there must be a c-bug lingerie die out there...BUT NO...there is just MISS JUNE thinkin' with utterly brilliance outside the crafty box! everything about this just TOTALLY ROCKS and OF COURSE it would have to be pam's absolute FAVORITE!!! ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ it!!! ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ you!!!