Friday, February 12, 2010

My Art Journal: Tyggereye Art Love prompts 4,5 & 6

Prompt #4: Under Control
I have been pondering this page for weeks. I had an epiphany before bed time Wednesday night and decided to create a pundle of the prompt. I made this first thing Thursday morning. I love puzzles of many types: crossword, jigsaw, cryptograms, quotefalls, and pundles. Maybe this page isn't really "art", but my journal represent little pieces of me. I love these Me & My Big Ideas alpha stickers (pictured below with a book of pundles and a Penny Black stamp.)
Prompt #6: Invisible
I intended to use the stamp on my next page, but just used it's quote instead,"The heart sees what is invisible to the eye." When I played with glimmer mist last month with my Design Diva friend (Chris), we started to doodle on our misted papers. I love to doodle, but I have rarely done it on my cards. I find it so relaxing! I knew I wanted to include my doodles in my art journal, but did not know if they would work with Gina's prompts. When I chose the 'invisible' quote and saw the word 'heart' in it, I knew my doodling would make it's debut. I cut the misted scrap into a heart shape, added the quote, mounted on black card stock, and doodled the scallops.
Prompt #5: Thrive
This prompt had me stumped. I had my other misted doodle scrap and it reminded me of something my friend Dianne said to me a few years ago, "June, you would bloom wherever you are planted." I added the prompt to the front of Dianne's compliment. Voila!

12 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, looks like you are having quite an enlighting and creative week. Snow is good for somthin', huh???

Tyggereye said...

These are so great!! I love your invisible and thrive. Wow!! So cool. Great stuff!!!

Helen F. said...

June, this is really fun stuff! Love your doodling~think we'll see more of it on your cards :o?

Leslie Hanna said...

I didn't know you were doing this one, too. Fun! (And by "too", I don't mean *I* am doing it, not at all...)

I love those pundles, though I didn't know that's what they're called.

Keep it up!

Windy Hills said...

Fun to look at and fun to do! Thank you for sharing this with us.

dining room table said...

Wow! This is so cool! I like it so much! Thanks for sharing this to us!

lauren bergold said...

holy macaroni missus, you are TOTALLY on a roll, aren't ya?! :) (isn't it cool how once you get "unstuck"...everything just falls into place so very beautifully?!)

i ♥LOVE♥ all 3 of these...the "under" control is verrrrrry cool... (that's totally ART, imo...it's visual, it expresses something about you, it's *FUN*, it illustrates the prompt! art, art, ART!!!) ...and i love both the glimmer misting AND the finished pages you've made from the experiments!

(♥♥♥ ps: i am SO HAPPY to see your doodles AND your handwriting AND your sense of humor all making it into your art journal!!! ♥♥♥)

Tracy said...

hey sweetie.... had enough shoveling? i'm soooo tired of it. ugh. i took a quick peek here this morning - i love that you're doing this journal. i would like to but never seem to stick with this stuff. i'm about to give up card making entirely just so i can work on scrapbooks!

Silli said...

Hello dear June, happy valentines day... I wish you all the best. Your card is so cute, i love the doodeling and the papers... Great work my dear! HUGS to you!

Kard Queen said...

Your doodeling is great and much better than shoveling snow! Good job!

Deb said...

June, these are so cool!! Love the doodle-ing, and the colours you've chosen. :-)

Kay said...

Darling doodling! These are so fun and cute and I love the little sunshine!! ♥♥ Kay