Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Easter: Basic Grey Challenge # 29


When I saw today's Basic Grey Challenge for Spring/Easter, I immediately thought of the Phresh & Phunky papers. The sketch was inspired by my friend, Amy Sheffer, who posted this card today. I had just a small rectangle of the polka dot, so I layered it on white, leaving a thin border. Then I layered it on green Bazzil, and scalloped the edge with my SU! border punch. I always use dots with stripes, and I found a stripe scrap and mounted the same way. Now for a background...I chose the plaid, pierced, and used a white gel pen for faux stitching. I layered on white, then the base card (green Bazzill.)
I picked up the white pearls ("Rhinestone Stickers") earlier this week from Michael's. Eager to use them, I added one to each scallop.
Now for the sentiment??? I found a "happy easter" rub-on in my stash by Creative Imaginations. The BG Phresh & Phunky has tags included with the papers. I chose this circle tag, used the rub-on, layered on white and green Bazzill, then used Stampin' Up! dimensionals to pop it up. It still needed something. I found the purple flower (Jolee's Boutique) and added one more white pearl (Rhinstone Sticker). Still not enough. I asked dh his opinion. He said, "How about those Bazzill flowers I bought you for Mother's Day? I think they are too big though." I was so proud of him!!! He was right, the Bazzill flowers were too big, but I did find this smaller pink flower (Prima) that LFL (Lovely Friend Lauren Bergold sent me for my birthday. Thanks, dh and Lauren! It was just what the card needed :)

10 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful card, Miss June! Thanks for the link :)

I was cleaning and purging a little today and ran across the leftover materials from an Easter book class I took from you. I think it used these same papers - what a fun coincidence!

Go DH for the good advice!! (I'd say Go Lauren, too, but we already know she can design like mad!)

Kristie said...

Oooohhhhh...I love those papers...delicious!!! This card is gorgeous June :) I think that flower works perfectly. But now you've got me thinking I *need* that DP!!!! Hopefully I won't be able to find and blow my non-spending challenge...LOL!

lesleyworth said...

Very pretty! Love the paper you chose to use!

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh yummy! Beautiful card June! Thanks for joining us this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

Heather said...

Beautiful card June. I just love those papers and that layout.
I'm also an admirer of Amy Sheffer (she creates the most beautiful cards and layouts) and I visit her for inspiration.
Thanks for joining us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card. Love the papers.

Tracy said...

so pretty sweetie. i love that phresh and funky :-)

Kim Costello said...

Wow June, your card is just gorgeous! Fantastic choice of papers and very pretty details, thanks for joining us at BG challenges this week ♥ HuGs Kim

Chris said...

Hi June, I love your card, such a great design, Amy's card is beautiful too and the papers you chose are so pretty and very springlike. Love the rub on sentiment too. Glad you could join in this week. Chris x

lauren bergold said...

yeah, i am pretty sure it was *MY* vital contribution which made this lovely card come together so perfectly!!! (you're welcome!) :) :) :)

it really IS gorgeous tho...but then...BG...plus amy...plus design consultant LH/DH*...sheesh! how can a gal go wrong??! (oh yeah and those stick-on pearls...i am ADDICTED to those at the moment! look out, you'll be onna pack-a-day habit like me, in no time!)

*how cute is it that he--& LHJ--know brands & products?! & have learned to really LOOK at a card and even suggest stuff! now that's ♥MAN♥ i tell ya!!!