Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Angela!

Today is my sweet sweet sister's birthday. I love you, Angela!

I have been wanting to use these Making Memories products (card and dps) that Lauren sent me for my birthday. I love the colors and patterns!

I didn't have much direction...I decided I wanted a cupcake card (surprise!) I drew this cupcake on the dps, then I cut it out. For dimension, I decided to use white acrylic paint around all the edges. I wasn't too lazy to pull out my paint and brush for this card because it is for someone who is really special to me. (Have I mentioned how sweet my sister is???)

I was going through my embellies, looking for ribbon, flowers, etc. I wanted to add some white grossgrain, but couldn't figure out where to add it. I went with 3 plastic Queen & Co. flowers and 3 orange DCWV brads. For the sentiment I used American Crafts rub-ons (Kate font). It looked a little pale, so I went over the font with my white gel pen. Now the lettering looks more like paint. The rub-ons are lower case only, so that capital "A" is my handwriting.

I hope your day is extra special, Angela :) XOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Gorgeous card Miss June...if your sister is anything like you then I bet she's awesome!!!! So tell her I sent her BIG birthday wishes from Australia....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA!!!

Corie said...

This is just to cute