Friday, January 30, 2009

Heart Swirls


I can't think of a catchy title today :)

I sketched this card a couple of months ago, but finally got around to making it this past week.


This is one of those cards that looked much better in my head. Perhaps because I've thought about it for so long!
Did you notice I layered the reverse side of the embossed swirls? Yes, I actually meant to do that! I thought it was a more subtle look. I think I like it as a change.


The gold embossed heart (a Hero Arts stamp) is not as shiny as I wanted, but it's done. All cs and dp are SU! The mini brads could be MM, but I'm not sure.


I mass-produced these for the coffee shops. We'll see if they like them without a sentiment. Valentine's Day is a big seller for me, so I need to get inspired and make more V-day cards. I'm not in the mood for more mass production. I want to get out bits and pieces and scraps and make unique cards. Yes, it's not cost effective, but it is rewarding to create a card from scraps and use up old embellies. At any rate, I think that is where my best cards come from (and some of my worst...LOL!) Stay tuned, and see how I fair...

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Sweet! I also like turning the embossed papers over like that. And the nice thing about no sentiment is they could be for ANY occasion now, not just V-Day!

Kristie said...

I think they're just lovely...I like the embossed paper that way too! I'm seriously thinking I need a cuttlebug...you are so bad for tempting me like that :)

Girlsinthecraft said...

Those are adorable. I love the turned over embossed paper---I would never have thought to do that!

Corie said...

These are adorable -- the perfect Valentine's card