Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My DCWV box of cards


















My new box of cards is in da house!
I used the ACMoore 50% coupon at Michael's to buy my fifth box of 50 textured cards and envelopes. There are ten colors in each box like this one.
Pictured in front of the box are the remaining cards from my first four boxes :) You can see the two browns and the greens are different dye lots, but they are close enough; and one black card remains too.
Last February I had a lot of the green from the previous boxes. It is a pretty green, but difficult to match. I found it went perfectly with Reminisce "Greenday" dp. I had purchased 2 sheets at that time; one with shamrocks, the other with polka dots. I cut the shamrock dp into 4x4 squares and made 9 St. Patrick's Day cards. (Did you do the math? Yep, NO scraps!!!!) See those cards here: http://simplyelegantpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2008/02/finallyst-pats-cards-made.html
I still have the Reminisce "Greenday" 12x12 polka dot dp to use...look for my card tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ah, if only I could control myself like this. You know, use ONLY that box of cards & envelopes. It might even fit into my condo! But where's the challenge in THAT?!?! :-)