Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Touch of Asia or The 3 Day Card (okay, both!)


This card took me 3 days to make. I had a different design in my head using Papers by Catherine, but then I didn't like how it was coming together. Ack! I hope I'm not hitting another slump. So I pulled out my drawer full of Asian stamps, and my large craft keeper of scraps.
I have not made an Asian card in years. Asian themes were so popular when I started stamping, and I loved the elegance of the cards. Then poof! Not so popular. Now I am starting to see it coming back (wahoo!)
I ended up making this card from scraps (I know you are surprised...teeheehee). The rectangles are mounted on dimensionals; the black cs has lots of dimension (but not Bazzill), and the gold cs is muted metallic, The card base is a dark grey cs I've had forever and just wanted to use up. The dp is from a class I taught making a box and 4 coordinating pads to go inside the box. It was a 6 hour class. Very labor intensive. The charm I purchased at a stamping convention many years ago. I now have one left (:

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

How pretty! Way to break that creative block! Sometimes I need to just walk away when I get stuck like that, or move on to something else and come back to it later.

I, too, love the Asian look. AND, I have this charm! I think it is Double Happiness, and I got a bunch last year...I think yours might be sideways. :-)

If I manage to get mine out of the Stash Room, I'll whip one up myself!

Kristie said...

WOW!!! this is simply GORGEOUS!!! I don't really care what's "in", I really like the asian stuff too, SU has a set called 'Symbols of Solicitude' with 4 Chinese character stamps that I just LOVE! They go really well with my tattoo...

lauren bergold said...

ok, for one thing: my cards OFTEN take 3 days!!! (usually intermittently, lol!) and i regularly envy your productivity of MANY cards in *one* day!!!

for another thing: this AMAZING piece of art was SOOOOOOOOO worth the wait!!! i loooove it!!!