Monday, July 28, 2008

Most of the time I have to see a sketch used before I fall in love with it. This card made me LOVE LOVE LOVE this sketch:
http://stylishcreationsbydebbie.blogspot.com/2008/07/merci.html. It also inspired me to use out my own virginal stamp set; "Merci" set by SU! that I just had to have and purchased last March.

I had exactly 5 pink cards in my DCWV box. I only had enough scrap dp (also SU!) left to make 3 cards like this. I stamped my image 4 times on scrap whisper white cs. I practiced coloring one image before messing up the other three :) I used my half pearls from the SU! "Pretties kit" on the first card (on the ovals), but I used pink circles and DCWV brads for the second card. I asked dh which he preferred, and he liked the brads. I think I like the pearls better, so I have ultimate veto power and I put pearls on the third card also.

I decided my original colored image turned out okay, but I did not leave enough room when I stamped it to cut it out in a rectangle, so I cut around it, popped it up on dimensionals. The rub-on is by TLC.
I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder "Floral Fantasy". It has flowers and hearts in the pattern, so I thought it would work well with the stamp.
So I did not use any stash up completely to create these cards, but I am once again motivated to try to use up the SU! dp scraps from this set (from 2006!) Wish me luck :)

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Sigh. You continue to inspire me to use my scrap piles and partially-used Simply Sent sets. Am I doing it much? Not. But I do keep trying!

Kristie said...

Ooohhh, I LOVE that stamp set! I made my sister sell me hers...she doesn't keep her retired sets 'cause she's a *real* demo, but I just had to have it too...I have made one card with it for my niece, who thought it was pretty. I love the cards that you made, but you've gotta stop using that Cuttlebug or you're going to *force* me to buy one!

Ila said...

These are Beautiful cards!! and that is a Fabulous sketch!!