Thursday, June 12, 2008

What? No Cuttlebug? & The Frugal Scrapper




A couple of weeks ago ACMoore had all paper for 50% off. I went in search of more paisley to use my Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder. I only bought one sheet of this Stacy Claire Boyd paper (we all know 1 sheet can make a lot of cards!) It was hard to do. In the past if I saw paper I liked I always bought at least 2 sheets, or the whole stack. LOL! (No, I'm not kidding. That was B.G. "Before Girls"aka Julia & Kathryn).
I made my list of who I owe thank you notes to for the girls' birthday presents. I needed 16! My family urges me to use store bought. Is that hard for any of you? I mean, won't they be insulted if I did not take time to make a card? Especially when it is my "job" (making and selling cards at Greenberry's)???
When I taught classes at AFSC, one of my most loyal customers, Macarena (Hi, Mac!), said I should write a book with all my tips that I gave in class and title the book The Frugal Scrapper. Well, yesterday I certainly earned that title. My math brain thought 16 cards? Cut Stacy Claire Boyd paper into 3x3 squares = 16! Okay, that is a little small for an A2. So I went to Michael's and bought their packs of cards (50% off this week!) that are not quite A2. They are 4 x5 1/2. That will work. So I used Bazzill blue bling and a Bazzill green for layers. I still thought I would use the Cuttlebug, but wasn't sure how. Then I recalled a QK Revolution die I have with flowers. Aha! The card evolved this way. The stamp is Hero Arts and the ink is SU! Old Olive. The leaf (stem) punch is EKSuccess and the corner rounder is CM.
Now to write out these cards, address, and send...

5 comments:

Windy Hills said...

Your book would be a hit--The Frugal Scrapper. Why not include a section on hints!

Beautiful paper!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

You just blew my mind!!! Bo are you creative and smart. that is a terrific combo!

Sue Hyer said...

You have definitely earned the title of Frugal Scrapper!

Tracy said...

now those are cute Miss J! and i'm impressed how you got them all done in no time :-) but you know they look like a perfect assembly line card. wonderful!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

ah see, this is why you are so much more efficient and frugal than i am...not to mention how you get *30+* cards done in a day: PLANNING AHEAD--complete with MATH!!!!!!!!! of course, i will probably never manage that myself (LOL) but do SOOOOOO admire it in others!!! :)

oh yeah...and i LOVE the cards in question, btw!!!!!!!!!!!