Friday, May 2, 2008

Recycle!


Tracy (http://smallsmackerels.blogspot.com/) and Amy (http://pickledpaperdesigns.blogspot.com/) are my partners in crime. They provide me with hand-made cards to put with my own and we sell them at Greenberry's Coffee & Tea Co. in Leesburg, VA and McLean, VA. We are amazed at the selling trends. Sometimes we have cards that just seem okay, but they sell. We probably get hung up on what we know is no longer trendy in the stamping/scrapping world, but the general public is not aware of those trends. For the most part, EVERY card sells eventually, even if it has to sit in the basket for two months. This is a great way to use up product we are no longer excited about and get "cash to buy new stash".
This card is one I made with ds origami papers. The flowers are Jolee's. I put it out last July & August and it did not sell. I pulled it and it has been sitting on my craft room table since September. The sentiment in the bottom left hand corner was "An invitation" using an Anna Griffin stamp. I'm guessing the sentiment is why it did not sell. So yesterday I cut another blue rectangle and glued over the original, then used AC rub-on "For You". I'm dropping off 20 cards for the basket today (7 are Tracy's!) and let's see if it will sell now :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

PIC (partner in crime) reporting for duty! now this is pretty - such lovely springy colors and agreed- the sentiment is more suitable for our purposes (she laughed wickedly!) hope you have a fun weekend sweetie

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am loving this card!!! xoxox!!!

SmilynStef said...

What a wonderful idea and beautiful card ... I need to see if I can figure out a place like that in my area ... would be nice to have a little extra $$ and homes for some of my creations ... also, so fun that you get to share the experience with PIC's :^)

Naomi said...

Good thinking! It's challenging to go back and re-work things (but a good strategy when you're selling you're work). I should try that with jewelry...