Friday, May 16, 2008

Muy Caliente!














Are you thinking you must be at the wrong blog? Maybe you are thinking I am posting a RAK? No and no. I actually designed and made this card. It doesn't look like a June Houck card, does it? I climbed out of my box for this one. I was inspired by the current {Caardvarks} challenge which is to make a card that is HOT! HOT! HOT! As soon as I saw this challenge I remembered that I had two of these "red pepper salsa" cs images in my craft room...and I knew it was time to find them. I have had them for YEARS. They came on cs samples at XPEDX, my favorite place to buy cardstock. My Supreme friends and I would take a field trip once in a while and split the cost of a ream. The sample books are free, and perfect for using as layers on a card. But they put pictures on some to keep people from just taking the samples and not buying the reams of cs. I knew this picture would come in handy one day!


Unfortunately the pictures were taken by me, and I have no idea why they look so blurry. The card is really cool (or do I mean hot?) IRL.



This is what I did:


I found a 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 card by Magenta (olive green). I then cut the red linen sheet down to 5 x 7 and cut black cs at 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 to layer. Then I cut out the "red hot salsa" oval from one sheet and popped it up on foam dots. I got out my Me & My Big Ideas alphabet stickers to spell "U R HOT"...I was inspired by a valentine card I made earlier this year that used a chipboard conversation heart that said "UR HOT", remember that?

I felt like the bottom left still needed a little something...should I cut or punch a heart? I tried to channel card diva and blog friend Lauren Bergold (http://llaurenb.blogspot.com/). Her cards are amazing. She is so creative! I decided on the black Bazzill Bling prima. Then I thought, "what if I draw my own chili pepper and use my new SU! "Build a brad" that I just got from Sue yesterday?" I drew a chili pepper on red cs with a CM black marker. I cut it out, placed on cream cs and drew and colored the stem.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

it's HOT HOT HOT!
really very cute miss J
and gee... who might be getting this card? i wonder ;-) not.. LOL!
(HEy doug.... a cards comin your way!)

SmilynStef said...

Look at you blingin' up the hot hot hot card ... Caliente! for sure.

lauren bergold said...

dang, girlfriend! just when i think you can't get any cooler...or do i mean "HOTTER"?! lol...you go and make something LIKE THIS!!!! *wow*!!!!!!!!!! i LOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!

however i'd like to protest very mildly about one thing: i think *YOUR* inner lauren is more talented than mine is! ...& that just seems so unfair... :)

Anonymous said...

I saw your card at Cardvaarks and wanted to say it was "very caliente". I love your other cards too. It's nice to have a diversion from our normal way of doing things.