Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Last Mother's Day Card this year


I needed to make more mother's day cards and I had no plan and little time. I had no sketch or plan in my head; when that happens I go with the classic 4x4 square mounted separated by a strip of cs (or in this case, ribbon) and a sentiment. I also just received my Cuttlebug "birds & swirls" embossing plate, so I had to break it in. You know I love my box of DCWV cards. I'm on box #3 (or is it #4?) I have A LOT of this pale yellow, so I knew I had to try to use that first. I also have a DCWV mat stack, which has been used a little so I wanted to try to use that also. This green I found in the mat stack worked well for me. It still seemed a little blah, so I added the prima and a DCWV brad. My SU! order just arrived yesterday afternoon, and I had ordered the Pretties kit. I have been all out of white primas, so the timing was perfect! The ribbon is Michael's and the ink is SU!. Oh yeah, I also used the SU! horizontal slide punch on the edge of the card to slide the ribbon through.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

you'll have to show me that punch.... and the embossed birdies look great - i gotta get mine out and make a card or four :-)
glad you got to make those cards sweetie!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooh this is just SO VERY lovely...in fact...i'd have to say it is the very *essence* of a simple and elegant paper craft!!! :)