Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday cards


I started these cards months ago, then realized I did not have enough green Bazzill to layer! I searched our local store before it closed (AFSC) and Michael's and ACMoore, but no luck. All the shades of green I own and not a one was close enough to compliment the green I had used in the die cut flower AND the green in the dp.
Before AFSC closed in March I did purchase some of my favorite Creative Imaginations dps and a pack of Bazzill cs made to match with the CI dps. I forgot about it, and when I was making the photo boxes (two posts down), I saw it. I removed the shrink wrap to see all the Bazzill colors, and I saw this green. Not quite the same, but certainly close enough. Wahoo!!!
I used my QuicKutz Revolution die to create the flowers, and I purchased this sheet of dp at AFSC, but I no longer recall the manufacturer's name.
I went to play at Sue's yesterday (http://www.welovetostamp.com/) and I used one of her SU! stamps "Happy Birthday" and Old Olive ink. This morning I mounted each card front on a white DCWV card and used dimensionals for the birthday sentiment. Now they are all in my little greeting card basket at Greenberry's Coffee & Tea waiting for someone to purchase them :)

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOO, indeed!!! i love, love, LOOOOOVE these, miss june!!! (if you go to tracy's blog, could you add 3 or 4 of these to my "greenberry's shopping list" please?!) :)

Tracy said...

oh so cute missy~ they won't last long :-)

Sue Hyer said...

Those cards came out great! I didn't have a chance to see the finished product before this, and they are a WOW! Thanks for coming to stamp!