Sunday, May 25, 2008

Do you believe in signs? I do!

I just HAD to have this Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder...after all, paisley is hot hot hot right now. It was back ordered but finally arrived in the mail :) Then I realized with all the dps in my craft room, I did not recall having any paisley paper.
I needed to make more father's day cards for Greenberry's Coffee & Tea (they sold the ones I posted earlier lickety-split). So I pulled out my large ziplocs of masculine dp scraps and large ziplocs of other12x12 masculine papers. (I sort my dps mostly by manufacturer, but also by theme...baby, floral, masculine, graduation, school, christmas, valentine's, etc.) I leaned the bags up against my accordian file of scrap papers (which is on the floor behind the door in my craft rooom) and went to bed. The next day when I tried to open the door to my craft room, the bags had fallen over and partially blocked my entry into my craft room. Guess what paper was facing up? Yep, the last ziploc bag had this paisley scrap (3 @ 3"x12") at the back. It was a sign!

This is ds cs by Signature Suite. The burgundy is the opposite side of the paisley. I ran the burgandy strip through the Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder. S.S. must have white core, because it came through a bit. I like the effect since the dp already has a distressed look. I eeked out 4 cards from those 3 strips of scrap! The punches are SU!, the metal embellies are from the SU! silvers kit, the base card is DCWV, and I alternately used brown or blue grossgrain ribbon from my jar of scrap ribbons.

I prepared all 4 cards to go to Greenberry's. The plan was for 2 to go to the store in McLean and 2 to go to the Leesburg store. DH offered to take the cards to McLean for me (he had a meeting in McLean). He saw this card and said,"I want one like this!" What a sweetie! So guess what? The Leesburg store is only getting one of these :)

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, how pretty ... errr, handsome! I have the CB Paisley EF too, and I am sure I have some paisley paper somewhere ... Thanks for the inspiration!

lauren bergold said...

quite helpful of LHDH to have chosen his own father's day card! i do hope you gave him a *DISCOUNT* tho!!! :)

(LOVE this card...LOVE the paisley...love the white core...totally love the "magically appearing paisley paper" story!!!)

Tracy said...

the card making spirits kicked the ziploc over so you'd see that paisley paper you know ;-)
and i definitely have to get that paisley one (i have paisley stamps and paisley qk too i think)
these are just the best cards - perfect for fathers day and i bet they're already gone baby gone!