Sunday, August 26, 2007

J & K 2nd birthday party

Yesterday was a long day in the car driving 1/2 way to NC and back to pick up our girls. I planned to post last night, but we were so tired, we went to bed after putting the girls to bed. It is so nice having them home! Friday night I attended a crop and I finished, yes, FINISHED scrapbooking 2004. This layout is still of June 2004, so I will post the next layout each day this week. Since my girls are home and school does not start for us until after Labor Day, I won't be getting much scrapbooking done anyway! We rarely take many pictures; we are such bad parents that way! So I usually don't have a horrible time deciding which pictures to put on a layout. For this layout I had plenty (thank goodness for their grandparents...these pictures were taken by them!) What do I do on the rare occasion I have lots of pictures? The nine square layout (right page). The left page highlights the birthday girls, then my mom and my maternal grandparents, the cake my mom made for our luau themed party, and the birthday girls playing with the gift we bought them. The moving truck unloaded our stuff in this house exactly 5 days prior to this party. I had my parents & in-laws helping me unpack, take care of the girls, break down empty boxes, etc. until we had the whole first floor ready for the party, pictures hung and all! I had purchased a sheet of Embossable Designs in April 2004, knowing I would use them on this scrapbook page. Thursday, while still in my brain fog, I decided just to go ahead and cut the whole page out, so when my fog cleared, I would be ready to get this layout done. My wonderful husband gave me Bazzill Bling trios (all 5 packs that were available at the time) for my birthday or Christmas last year (or was it the year before?) I have a hard time cutting up those beautiful papers! I used Bazzill Bling for the blue base of both pages, and pink bling for the photo mats. The white mats are regular Bazzill cs. (Click on the pic to see better detail.)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

now thats adorable cute :-) really i love the little cut out pieces by the journaling and the whole bottom section and the photos! oh very great.. a nice selection so you get the feel for the day. love it miss! whose crop did you go to... looking forward to seeing those pages!

Ila said...

Wonderful! all of it....it tells and shows the whole story for the day!!

Unknown said...

You did it again!! The pages look fantastic and the party looks like a blast. What creativity!