Friday, June 8, 2007

More Father's Day cards

My in-laws are visiting and my m-i-l asked if I had 4 Father's Day cards she could send to her father, brother, nephew, and for her to give my f-i-l.

I was tired of looking at those other masculine scraps I used to make cards in 2 previos blog posts, so I pulled out some Basic Grey scraps. The pic came out too washed out (sorry...I'm new at this). I think I used all "Motifica" Basic Grey papers. The large "f" is a trace of a Stampin' Up! chipboard letter. (I'd already used the actual chipboard letter on another card, so I used the outline and my xacto knife to cut this "f" out of Basic Grey. The black "FATHERS" is MM rub-ons (providence font). The words "happy" and "day" are QuicKutz revolution die cuts (actually it was "happy birthday", but I cut off "birth"...get it? I was feeling pretty clever when I came up with that idea. Think smarter, not harder, right?) I got the idea for this card from and old issue of PaperCrafts magazine.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

ok this is cute. and you are so clever with that revolution die - yup i get it. i think i need to get out my old papercrafts mags! oh but see that wouldn't help cos its YOU who are so clever :-)

Donna Layton said...

Wonderful card and good ingenuity! Don't you just love the versatility of Basic Grey?? It's the BEST!